I was just hating it so I photographed the painting put it into photoshop and then overlaid the original photo onto it. By lowering the opacity I was then able to see through to where I had gone wrong. Drew a few lines in to mark where things were, printed it off and away I went and I think now the painting is looking much better. Its not finished but is starting to look better. I am doing it for my brother who didn't want to celebrate a milestone birthday. I tried to paint his deceased dogs but they were horrible and I just couldn't turn out a decent image of them then I thought he loves my little dog so I will do a portrait of her and since I love her it is much easier to do.
Also spent time today working on my entry to the 12x12 exhibition. Nearly done.
|for the 12 x 12 nearly completed|